Job Shadow Blog Post

 
Hello, 
Welcome to my third blog post!
Today I did a job shadow with one of my old employers. Her name is Greyci Gonzalez and she used to work at a beauty salon in Burien. The salon is called La Fantastica. It's been almost a year since I haven't worked with her and now she has a 3 month old baby! When I asked her if I can do a job shadow with her I was thinking that we were going to work at the salon like we used to when I was working with her, but little did I know that she no longer works full time at the salon. Now she has her own clients and she goes to her client’s houses or her clients come to her. She does this because she wants to run her own schedule and make time for her kids while she is still making good money, which I thought was pretty smart.


What I did at the job shadow was show up at Greyci’s house at six in the morning on a Saturday and we drove to one of her client’s house in Kirkland. She has a client that was going to get married and wanted to get her makeup and hair done, as well as her 3 bridesmaids and her mother and mother in-law. Greyci was going to ask one of her old co-workers to help her with


Comments

Popular Posts